Do you think that as a male you look ridiculous dressed in goth style? You’re wrong! First and foremost, we all have the right to wear whatever we want to wear, and if it’s a f$%#ing bat upside down on your head that you want to wear, then wear it! Now that we made that clear, we acually think that goth guys are seriously hot.
Wearing Make UpYou don’t have to wear makeup if you don’t want to, it’s not mandatory. You can totally wear makeup if you like it though: smudging some black eyeshadow on your lids won’t make you any less male. Did you know that until 1600 men used to wear way more makeup than women? How come nowadays is the complete opposite? Being a woman doesn’t give you any more right than beign a man, so if you’re a man you have the exactly same rights to wear whatever you want to wear on your face. It’s as simple as that!
Famous Goth GuysHere’s a list of some famous goth guys so you can feel less alone and more encouraged to express yourself. Those guys are gorgeous and they’re totally not your typical goth (think about Robert Smith or Rozz Williams). Also, being a goth guy doesn’t mean you like guys. Dressing goth may result in looking a bit more feminine than the usual man, but that doesn’t make you anything else than someone dressing in a slightly different style.
1. Ville Valo 2.Brian Molko 3.Marilyn Manson 4.Russell Brand 5.Brian Molko 6.Johnny Depp and we could also name Tim Burton, Jared Leto. Can you think about more famous goth guys? (don’t say Ozzy Osbourne! ;D )
Nu Goth – Avant-Garde – MinimalThere a lots of new styles that you can incorporate into your wardrobe that are included in the goth subculture. It’s 2014 guys, goth is no longer all about vampires, Robert Smith and pixie boots. Things evolve, and today goth’s more about taking care of ones style and feeling good about the way you look in relation to what you feel and love.
Goth Guys Staples
There are some garments and accessories that all goth guys must own though! Just to name a few:
– Blazer: you need a black blazer unless you’re a 15 years old goth. If you’re 15 you can wait for 5-6 years before getting one!
– Black jeans: you’re not going to wear blue jeans, are you?
– T shirts: black t shirts should be overflowing from your drawers. There are so many cool tshirts prints out there that you really have no excuse!
– Boots: get yourself a nice pair of boots (no need to get steel cap boots! Get some you can wear to the supermarket, or to the office!)